6.30.2007

Jeff the Great: Steve Jobs was iWrong


For the iPhone launch Apple set up a web site for customers to find out which Apple stores are in stock with the iPhone. The way Steve Jobs talked about the iPhone, I expect that just about every Apple store would be sold out.
I checked Apple's site today and guess what I found? Oregon, all Apple stores are in stock. California, in stock. Washington, in stock. New York, in stock.
You probably get the point. So was Steve Jobs wrong when he said that stores would sell out? Or is this just a marketing ploy by Apple to get people into the stores?
Check it out for yourself: http://www.apple.com/retail/iphone/
-Jeff the Great

1 comment:

Distilled.Publishing@gmail.com said...

I didnt buy one, but a friend of mine did and showed it to me tonight. Hate to admit it, but it is a cool device. Not only for the UI, but the way the UI intuitvely was designed for specific actions based on how you hold or finger across the screen.

Now for 600 bones I wont be getting one anytime soon, and I think it is premature to say that it will sell out. But Jobs is good at marketing, and something tells me that if come October they accounce another version of the iPhone for under $250, they will be popping off the shelves for Xmas.

Post a Comment