10.14.2007

Jeff the Great Assigns Required Reading

A few years back, The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown was the hottest book on the market. In addition to being a great and best selling book, it was also stirring a lot of controversy both in the US and overseas.

So I decided to give it a read.

If you've known me for more than a few years, you know that this was a HUGE step for me. I'm the guy that picked books for reports based on rather or not they had Cliffs Notes available.

Well, The Da Vinci Code did it for me. I embarked on a reading journey that I am still on! After blowing through a few books per month, I decided to start keeping track of my conquests. Mainly so I could make appropriate recommendations to friends, family, and co-workers but also so I could remember as time went on.

I've been wanting to try publishing a Google Doc, so thought this was the best opportunity. To see my book list, CLICK HERE. Below is a sample of some of my favorites:

- A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier
- Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking
- The Nordstrom Way to Customer Service Excellence (thanks for the book, Marty!)
- Power of Full Engagement (great book tip, Skip!)

If you are looking for a recommendation, just let me know! Happy reading.

-Jeff the Great

No comments:

Post a Comment